First Snow of the Season
What is it about the first snowfall (you know the one where the snow actually stays on the ground) that makes you want to put on all the outerwear gear that you own and head outside?
About 5:00 this morning I woke up to the sounds of metal scraping on asphalt--that familiar sound you hear in the winter, but becomes a distant memory throughout the rest of the year. My first thought was snow??? I didn't know that we were going to get snow. Okay, it is November in Wisconsin so I know that it really shouldn't be a great big shock, but the last couple of years we haven't had the white stuff accumulated on the ground before Thanksgiving--last year we didn't even have a white Christmas. So I jumped up to look outside (well maybe jumped is too strong of a word) and low and behold the entire ground was covered in a white fluffy blanket.
When the boys woke up the first thing said was--snow!!!! cool!! Let's go outside!
Being the MOM that I am I made them wait a bit since it wasn't even really light outside yet. So once we ate some breakfast and did a little school, we headed outside.
It was a process getting everyone dressed in hats, mittens, snowpants etc.-- Especially poor Jonah that had to endure and extra layer of a plastic garbage bag on his broken leg (I know that I haven't even blogged about that one yets so I'll have to get busy)
Here are some pictures to catch the fun:



About 5:00 this morning I woke up to the sounds of metal scraping on asphalt--that familiar sound you hear in the winter, but becomes a distant memory throughout the rest of the year. My first thought was snow??? I didn't know that we were going to get snow. Okay, it is November in Wisconsin so I know that it really shouldn't be a great big shock, but the last couple of years we haven't had the white stuff accumulated on the ground before Thanksgiving--last year we didn't even have a white Christmas. So I jumped up to look outside (well maybe jumped is too strong of a word) and low and behold the entire ground was covered in a white fluffy blanket.
When the boys woke up the first thing said was--snow!!!! cool!! Let's go outside!
Being the MOM that I am I made them wait a bit since it wasn't even really light outside yet. So once we ate some breakfast and did a little school, we headed outside.
It was a process getting everyone dressed in hats, mittens, snowpants etc.-- Especially poor Jonah that had to endure and extra layer of a plastic garbage bag on his broken leg (I know that I haven't even blogged about that one yets so I'll have to get busy)
Here are some pictures to catch the fun:
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home