Lighting a Fire

A wise person make learning a joy. (Proverbs 15:2)

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

When Mom goes stir crazy


I have to say that today it is me(and not the boys)who is going a little stir crazy. It has been a record breaking year of snow. I've lost count of the inches. Today once again the temperatures are below freezing(when you consider the wind chill-- and I do). So what happens when mom starts to get grumpy?? Well, this morning I could feel myself going there and I thought to myself, I would rather that they do absolutly nothing education, and have mom be kind, than to press on with our school work with a crabby, ill tempered mama.
So I called them all together and said that for the rest of the morning they would get to choose a movie and we would snuggle and have pop corn. Yeah! I felt everybody's mood get lighter.
I'm starting to learn when to take well needed breaks.
Well, I better get going--I have some corn to pop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home